Wednesday 9 May 2012

Nail Heaven.

Hi,

Yesterday I decided to treat myself to a set of acrylic nails in my local salon to welcome in the summer and I love them!

Spring/Summer 2012 trends are spots and stripes and I'm more than a little obsessed with polka dots at the moment so that's the look I went for! I opted for classical black and white as they match with almost everything and the dots show up more intensely on a dark shade.



You can't just have your nails beautifully manicured and have done with it though, which is a common misconception. You have to give your new nails a bit of TLC.
Here are my top three tips on how!
  • After using creams and lotions, wash each nail individually to avoid yellowing.
  • NEVER clip or cut nails as they will shatter and become painful, always use an emery board.
  • To avoid chipping or smudging, apply clear nail varnish once a week.
Looks like I may need to listen to my own advice however as I managed to somehow smudge a precious polka nail this morning!



Belle Rose x



2 comments: