Wednesday, 27 June 2012
My love for journalism and writing has been on-going for years now and everyone that knows me will tell you how passionate I am about it. I even love watching movies that are related to strong women who have careers in Journalism and writing. Here are my top three that you may want to watch for entertainment or advice and inspiration!
3 - It's all about The Women starring Eva Mendes and Meg Ryan is a fabulous, funny feel good film about divorce, love and relationships. Actress Annette Bening plays the character of a magazine journalist and editor so well. In the end she gets her own magazine about love and friendship. Inspiring!
2- Confessions of a Shopaholic is the perfect girlie film about a small town girl who wants to make it big at a high fashion magazine. Isla Fisher plays the part of Becky Bloomwood fantastically and tells her tale well. The story which is also a best selling novel follows Becky as she moves from a small magazine into the world of high flying journalists, oh and she falls in love along the way! Every girl's dream.
1- The Devil wears Prada which stars Hollywood legend Meryl Streep is my favourite out of them all. The film is funny yet heart-warming and shows the good and bad side of working at a fashion magazine. Anne Hathaway plays a vulnerable wannabe journalist who starts to change as she works at the magazine. She has a job 'a million girls would die for' including me!
Belle Rose x
Saturday, 16 June 2012
While I was on a recent relaxing weekend away, the news went to press about Myleene Klass and Graham Quinn's divorce. Reading Now magazine in my hotel room I could completely understand how Myleene was feeling as I too have suffered a fresh break-up.
Like Myleene, I thought we were happy but we were clearly not meant to be, some things are better left alone as my Grandma always used to say.
The break-up blues occur after every split from a meaningful relationship and there are only a few ways to cure it in my opinion.
First of all, sit on the sofa with a good DVD, comical of course. Bridesmaids, starring the hilarious Kristen Wiig never fails to cheer me up. Also grab yourself a box of Kleenex and a HUGE bar of chocolate, which is scientifically proven to contain an anti-depressant, good news for the chocoholics like me among us!
Finally, don't feel pressured to find a new man straight away. Take your time, there are plenty more fish in the sea...
Belle Rose x
Tuesday, 5 June 2012
If you're lucky enough to be going on a summer holiday this year to escape the dull wintery weather that's suddenly upon us, you sure as hell need a good book to read whilst relaxing on the beach. Here are my top five recommendations:
· The current book I'm reading at the moment is called Destined by P.C and Kristin Cast. It is the 9th book in the House of Night series all about Zoey Redbird, a teenager who is marked as a vampyre. The books tell tales of her fight for love, friends and battling evil. Good if you're into love stories with dark and imaginative twists.
· Midnight Girls by Lulu Taylor was a fabulous read. I read this book in just 10 days as it was so hard to put down. The book follows three best friends from childhood into adulthood. Filled with glamour, sex and fun, I'd highly recommend this book to anyone.
· Delve into The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis if you want to relive childhood memories of dragons, evil queens and talking animals. Perfect for people with a creative mind.
· If you adore the love and lust included in books by Jackie Collins but want something with not such a predictable storyline, this no.1 bestseller by Wendy Holden will fit the bill perfectly. Filthy Rich tells the tales of four very different women living in a village and the challenges they all face. A fresh new take on the romantic novel. Also, it's bloody hilarious.
· If all else fails however, why not settle for a good old glossy magazine? Look, new! And InStyle are packed full of gossip, stories, advice and the latest trends to keep you entertained.
Belle Rose x